Wednesday, September 12, 2007

All things law

First, the good news!

Tom PASSED THE BAR EXAM!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!

It's such a relief. He's already had a couple of recent interviews where he was told that they weren't hiring until the results were back. Also, there have been some more job openings lately, so it will be SO nice to have a two income family for the first time in 3 years!!!

The not so good news:

Mom called me today to tell me that the preliminary hearing was going to be next Wednesday, so we got a whole week's notice on that one. There is just no way I can make it. It's a full day's drive down and a full day's drive back, and I just can't do it on that date. I have classes on Tuesday evening and on Thursday afternoon and evening, and I would have to miss basically a full week's worth of classes. Mom sounded very OK with me not being there, and from what I've heard it is a really short hearing. Mom has a lot of support so hopefully they can surround her on that day.

The worst news:

What is next Wednesday? Why it's Dad's birthday. How weird is that?!?! He'll be 64. I play clarinet, so I always planned on playing "When I'm 64" for him someday. Now it's a bit weird. "Will you still need me, will you still feed me"? Not so funny when he has a PEG tube. And bouncing the three grandkids on his knee - yep I can relate to that one, too.

I hadn't made the connection until I was driving home from the first visit down there. I almost had to pull over to the side of the road.

I'm not a person who cries easily. I hide my emotions as best I can. But I feel like I've been PMSing severely this whole month. I try to put everything behind me and immerse myself in my school, my work, my home, my kids. But sometimes it's those little things like the lyrics to a song or a picture that just sends me over the edge.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Yay for Tom!!! So when's he going to take you on that celebratory trip to Europe?????? :)

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home