Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Asking for Prayers




It's been ages since I've posted, but this has been a terrible summer. My Papa (whom I was SO close to) died of pancreatic cancer. Thankfully this was brief and he didn't have a whole lot of pain. I was a little freaked out because my other grandfather also died of the same cancer, but they were both in their 80s.

My dad was involved in a horrible car wreck last week. I rushed down to Bamaland to visit and I wasn't pleased with what I saw. He had multiple fractures and a head injury. The fractures can heal, but the head injury is very concerning. He still hasn't regained consciousness and that REALLY worries me.

This was a crime and I can't give a lot of details right now. But basically Dad was trying to avoid some kids who were trying to rob him. They got mad and rammed his car, then climbed in to steal his wallet.

We have a lot of prayers going out right now, but I'm going to be greedy and ask for more. Mom is staying at the hospital and has an elaborate support system. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well she is holding up. My parents have always been a unit and they adore each other, so this is incredibly hard for Mom.

I'm asking for prayers for healing for my father, and coping for our family. My children have always been so close to Pepa and this has been very hard on them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

passing the prayer request along the blogosphere as we speak......

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home