Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Someone is just ASKING for trouble


Chris (my ADHD 9 year old) has a bit of an unusual assignment for his health class. He has to create either a poem, a song, a story, or commercial about a body system. He needs to tell the main function of the system and how to keep the system healthy. He has a choice between digestive, skeletal, muscular, and urinary systems.

When I first saw he had a health assignment, I offered my assistance as a nurse. But the more I read, the more red lights started going off...

Here are some really bad things that could come from this assignment:
1. A bad poem:
I think that I shall never see
Something as yellow as my pee (Thanks Tom for getting that one started)

2. A commercial for a colonics place (they used to have one in Lancaster with a hand lettered sign. Nothing says professionalism better than having a colonics stand next to a convenience store.

3. The SNL "all-drug olympics" skit comes to mind...

4. He could reenact his bike accident, with a cautionary tale about wearing a helmet.

5. A recitation of all of the synonyms for fecal matter.

6. Tom says that there are a lot of things that can rhyme with feces. Of course, when I was working on my masters, I noticed that the plural of thesis (theses) would rhyme with feces. "I love the species that throw their own feces" (Thanks, Fairly Odd Parents)

I'm sure there's MUCH much more in store, but we'll see what the boy can come up with on his own. I'm a little scared of what he might come up with LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home