Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Vote Aqui

Yes, it's voting day...

I worked last night, then had a cardiac class from 8-12. I thought I was going to die towards the end of the class!!!! It was good until the last speaker who just went on and on. Then I made it home and decided to never do another class like that. I was just too wasted tired.

I wound up sleeping until about 6, then hurriedly dressed and ran out to vote. I was a little worried about missing the opportunity to vote, since I usually like to go as early as possible. About half the people in my class had the "I voted" stickers so a lot of people got an early jump on the polls.

It always surprises me how there's never a line to vote here. I hope it's because they've streamlined the process or because they have more precincts or something. I remember growing up in Texas, seeing the lines all day at school and seeing the news coverage showing people lined up around the block when they were closing the polling places. There were huge waits before and after the traditional work times. The funny thing was, we had early voting! So I ALWAYS voted early. That was a hard habit to break moving up here. It was so easy to vote the first couple of days of early voting and then to just totally ignore the campaign ads and crap.

I got to vote on one of those new-fangled computer voting machines. Pretty cool. If someone can't figure this thing out, then they have a real problem LOL.

The races here in Missouri were really getting nasty. For a couple of races, my vote came down to who would I least hate to see in office. Pretty sad that politics has to come down to being totally about negative attacks. I'd like for someone to tell me why they are right for the job, rather than why so and so is wrong :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home