Monday, November 06, 2006

Back to computerland

My computer is having a nervous breakdown. I can access some things on the internet, but most secure sites won't load. I know that it has something to do with my Norton Anti-Virus, which freaked out on me a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't had the time to deal with it. Thankfully, there's a couple of computers at work that I can access for most things, but I have to choose alternate ways of paying bills, buying online (DAMMIT the holiday season is coming!!!!!), and checking email. Amazingly enough, I can actually access this site. So I guess there's no reason for me to NOT blog, except for ignorance at the fact that I could actually sign up. I can also access myspace, but not facebook??? Oh well...

Along with the email difficulties, a gripe. Most people who know me realize that I am rather anal about my computer usage. I am on constantly. I always check email, even if I don't have time to respond right away. This includes email from work.

So the other day, my manager sends a "come to Jesus" memo that basically says that everyone needs to have the trauma course done by the end of the year. She sent the email shortly before the second to the last course was offered, and well before the last course. Of course at work I log on and see the email, and that the second to the last course was offered that morning. Oops. It had 40 extra seats. Not that I could have done much with that, considering I won't take an 8-5 class and then work, but oh well. So then I look at the next class. Full. So full that there are already 5 people on the waiting list. Great. I become #6. I also responded in an email to the educator who had advised me to wait until I could take the 2 day course which isn't offered until next year. So I'm definitely covered. I just hate being in this position.

I work tonight and then stay after for 4 hours for a cardiac class. I think I'll buy a big old donut and eat it in class LOL...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home