Monday, November 06, 2006

Working out with the X-Files


OK, I know I'm weird. I sleep during the day and work/do housework during the night. I got several loads of laundry done (yummy) and surfed the web. I started to realize that it was nearing 5am, and I wasn't remotely tired. So I got on the website for my rec center, and confirmed that they opened at 5:30am.

I've been planning on trying this for a while, but finally did it today. Went early to grab one of the DVD workout stations and brought a season 4 DVD with me ;)
I walked for 47 minutes and completed 2.44 miles. Yes, I'm a slug. But I've been sedentary for SO long, mostly sidelined by fascitis.

Here's a website that shows how you can use athletic tape to secure your foot. It sounds a little dorky, and it feels weird, but it's made a world of difference to me. I'm not hobbling nearly as much!!! YEAH!!!

Hopefully the weight loss will start soon. Tom's talking more and more about doing Weight Watchers, so we'll see if we can get something going soon. I also bought a bunch of soups to take to work, because for some reason I can get by with eating a lot less when I'm working nights?

I'll try to update with my fitness progress. Hopefully this is a habit I can keep. If it works out as well as it did today, then I'll be a happy camper.

BTW, birthday is a week from tomorrow. I'll be 35 (EEEEEEEKK). So if I live to be 70, then I'm already middle aged. What a depressing thought!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home