Monday, June 09, 2008

Giving notice

Back to weekend nights!

I'll get about a $10,000/year raise, work fewer days (same hours) and have a lot more flexibility during the week. In return, I'll have a difficult time staying awake in church and I'll miss "family" time with all of us. But things really seem to go better with our family when we're on opposite shifts anyway, so what does it matter? It's kind of like a divorce without the strife LOL.

I will get to stay at my current job as a research assistant. That way I can keep up with my clients and participate in the study without having the whole 8-5 commitment.

Not sure if I'll stay in school or not. One of my friends planted an idea in my head about law school (Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!) which was really bad timing because I had just found a loophole that prevented teens from getting an order of protection if their abuser was under 18 as well. THAT needs to be fixed!

I'll continue with the classes I signed up for this fall, and see where it takes me. Hopefully going back to weekend nights will help me get back to my old self and my old ways of balancing life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I had heard from our mutual friend that you were thinking about going to weekend nights. I think it'll be fun for you to get back into direct care and learn a new specialty. I loved it when I was a nurse extern there in school.

I'm glad you can keep up with your research study though, I don't think you want to jump ship on your degree just yet. You've put in too much time to make a hasty decision (in my opinion)

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home