Thursday, January 25, 2007

Idiot alert

This article reminds me of when I was a sophomore in college. I lived in a dorm that had a community kitchen on each floor. We had a fridge in our room, but every once in a while I would make some noodles or a small casserole or something to eat (sometimes it was better than the dorm food, sometimes not).

Anyway, I was cooking something on my skillet when I noticed that another girl walked in. I didn't recognize her, and our hall was VERY small (as we had the cafeteria basically right next door) so I assumed she was from upstairs. I gave her a quick smile and nod, then went back to stirring my noodle thingy.

About a minute later, I saw flames out of the corner of my eye. Chickee had put a pop tart IN THE FOIL WRAPPING into the microwave and started it up. In the meantime, she was just standing there, looking at the light display. Pretty impressive, I must say. There was no one else in the room, so I grabbed a cup, filled it with water, opened the oven, and splashed it on the fire, which immediately went out. Chickee was still just standing there staring.

I had previously complained that we weren't allowed to use a microwave in our rooms, but I didn't complain any more after that! You have to wonder how a girl made it to be at least 20 (this was an upperclassman dorm) without learning that you can't put metal or foil in a microwave?!?!?! I guess it's not that rare of an occurrence after all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home