Sunday, January 27, 2008

Puppy drama

All is not well in puppy world. Our calm and placid dog starting having seizures Saturday. Thankfully we got right in to the vet. I didn't realize that an ear infection can cause a seizure. We started him off on some ear drops and thought that might be the end of it. He has since had several more. It's a benefit going to the same church as your vet, because when I saw her today I told her what was going on and she told me she would draw some blood and try to see in his ears (they were horribly swollen from the infection). She is still thinking that this might be ear infection related and he might need more meds, but we'll see what happens.

I just feel so sorry for him! And poor Chloe is a bit traumatized, but in a good way - she feels so badly for him and wants him to be OK. She slept in the living room last night and is planning on sleeping there tonight in order to be available in case he has another seizure. I told her that she wouldn't be able to do much to help him, since he would need to ride out the seizure. But Chloe just wanted to be there to comfort him. What a sweetie!

Chloe wants to be a vet someday, so I thought getting pets would help her get some practice. I had no idea that she would get this much information so soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home