Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009

Today is New Year's Eve, and I have to work tonight. That's not a bad thing - I usually volunteer to work the New Years holidays so I can hopefully get off more days for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas. The only problem is that I can't sleep right now!

Looking forwards, I'm expecting 2009 to be a pretty good year with some important milestones. The most important one is that Andrew will turn 16. Wow! I told the kids a few years ago that I would take them on a special trip when they are 16 and encouraged them to learn a language that would come in handy. Unfortunately, Andrew has taken Japanese and he wants to go to Japan. I guess I'm going to do some quick learning if we're going to go this summer! I'll put him in charge of the sites he'd like to see. I know almost nothing about Asian tourism - I always assumed they'd take French or German. Chloe has already committed to French, and Chris doesn't want to learn a language (I'm still working on him). I've never been overseas and I've always regretted not getting to go. I want to make sure that my kids get the opportunity :)

Chris will turn 12 and Chloe will turn 11. Chloe will also leave elementary school, so that's another milestone. This year is also my 20th high school reunion. Not sure if I'm going to go or not - the 10 year wasn't that great, but my 20 year band reunion was wonderful.

For some reason, I'm really ready for 2008 to end. I don't know why. It hasn't been a bad year particularly. 2007 was a horrible year (with Dad's wreck and losing my Papa). Maybe it's the idea of so many opportunities that seem to be available in a new year, even though it's just another new day, just like the rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home