Saturday, March 01, 2008

This weekend was cancelled

Dad was released from the hospital on Thursday and is now at home. I had planned to drive down to Bamaland on Friday to help with the transition, but had my stomach issues on Thursday evening. Whenever I have extreme stress, I start having GI problems, but when it's really bad, I start puking. Obviously I can't drive 600+ miles by myself in that condition! The bad thing is, this was the only weekend that it would really work out that way.

Mom seems to be handling things as well as possible, but there are still a myriad of "problems". The nurse is annoying. The pharmacy is being late in delivery supplies and medications. All things that she could do something about and be proactive, but then she could also just call me and lay all her troubles on me. Thanks!

I've gotten past the point of trying to give her advice (i.e. talk to the nurse about specific things that she needs or getting the supplies from another pharmacy and asking one of her many friends to pick up things for her). When you're dealing with a very passive-aggressive person, it's easiest to just nod and smile.

At least Dad is doing better, and when he gets more improvement, he'll be able to go back to the rehab facility (as long as insurance OKs it). Mom seems to have all the basic help she needs, but I still wonder if she'll be able to do this all on her own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home