Saturday, December 08, 2007

Back for more

Well it's been quite a while since I've posted! I have been so busy with school, work, kids, and travel! At least a couple of trips were for fun. I visited my friends in Ocean City, Maryland and had a well deserved respite from life. A couple of weeks later I went to a conference in Canada which was very interesting and I met some wonderful people.

I took my husband and kids to Alabama over Thanksgiving to visit my parents. Dad is doing a little better, but he still has so far to go and I'm wondering how much is possible to recover. He's been making small amounts of progress here and there, but overall he is not communicating and not able to do anything for himself. Very sad considering how independent he was before all this.

In happier news, my classes this semester are over! This was probably my most demanding semester yet. I thought stats would be my hardest class, and was surprised that it wasn't that bad at all! My theory class was difficult, but my biggest problem was a lack of time. Tom started back to work mid semester and he has been so busy that he hasn't been as much help as he used to be. So working full time, taking 6 hours of classes, and trying to manage the kids took up pretty much all of my time.

Now I am free to plan Christmas, buy lots of stuff, and hopefully send out some cards this year. I feel like my life is finally manageable again. I'm signed up for 6 hours next semester and I wish I wasn't, but we have a damn residency requirement here that we didn't have at UTA. Which is funny, because I would have met residency there and here it's a struggle. Residency basically means that you have to have 2 semesters of 9 hours each or 3 semesters of 6 hours each. So this next semester will be my 3rd semester and then I will finally be free to cut back. I'm taking stats and a grantwriting class. Since I finally chose my dissertation topic, it should be a lot easier this semester!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

nice to see you back!

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home